Opportunities That Make a Difference
At Greensboro Staffing Consultants, we are committed to helping public sector institutions and government agencies deliver on its commitments to citizens. Through our bespoke workforce solutions, you will become a part of something much bigger: an effort that is making real differences in communities across the country. On top of competitive salaries and a benefits package that including dental, medical and 401K plans - we offer employees diverse workplaces where they can grow professionally while belonging authentically. Together let's create meaningful change!
Job Code: 703118
Job Location: Hybrid - Raleigh, NC
Close Date: February 8, 2023
Pay Range: $66 - $76 Hourly
Employment Type: C2C/1099/W2
- Responsible for the Weekends and Holidays Midnight to Noon, (12:00 AM – 12:00 PM), and two weekdays, 12:00 AM – 9:00 AM, operations and maintenance of the NCAOC Security Operations Center Security Posture.
- Responsible on Weekends and Holidays to respond to Network Operations Center priority one circuit outages.
- Responsible for creating, triaging, updating, and seeing closure of Security Operations Incident, Request, and Enterprise Change Management tickets.
- Monitors and maintains Firewalls and corresponding management tools (FMC) ASDM), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Vulnerability Management (VM), Cisco Umbrella domain name security, ISE network Access Control, Posturing, and Profiling, IPsec VPN tunnels, AnyConnect remote users and security module, Third Party Partner Security Incident and Event Manager (SIEM), and other network and cloud security tools.
- Use tools (Wireshark and interface captures, and log searching) to assist in troubleshooting network, device configuration, and network security related problems.
- Responsible for firewall cleanup processes, tasks, and learning firewall tools to assist in performing these processes and tasks.
- Follow and maintain SOC process and technology documentation.
- Open and work to closure vendor TAC cases, mostly Cisco, to resolve incidents and device issues.
- Provide reports and metrics for the Operations and Administration Manager as requested.
- Interface with all other TSD technical teams in initiatives and activities the require Security Operations Center resources.
- Monitor and respond to Third Party Partner initiated security investigations.
- Provide support of the established Incident Response Policy from beginning alert and investigation discovery through recovery to closure.
- Subscribe to and monitor Security Product Advisories and Cybersecurity Organization Bulletins researching and ensuring coverage of security device risks and Common Vulnerability Enumerations (CVE)
- Update PSIRT/CVE spread sheet to report progress and coverage of Security Product Advisories and Cybersecurity Organization Bulletins.
- Monitor and Maintain the IPS signatures, Block lists, URL reputation lists, and malware file lists to ensure latest security recommendations are implemented.
- Use monitoring and security diagnostic tools to threat hunt for network and device vulnerabilities, security risks and potential threats.
- Research trends to assist the Security Operations team in staying up to date on industry best practices and current Cybersecurity trends, tools, techniques, and procedures.
- Evaluate, plan, and implement network devices, (switches, routers, management tools, etc.) and network security devices and tools (firewalls, IPS, ISE, etc.) upgrades and patches on a monthly and as needed schedule.
- Coordinates with various TSD teams in the evaluation, planning and implementation of patching, upgrading, and maintenance.
- Update patching spread sheet to reflect historic and current versioning.
- Uses software tools to manage patching, upgrading and maintenance of network and security devices (Visio, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Attend, classes, seminars, webinars, conferences, training sites, and research product documentation, to enhance professional development and to progress in the field of Network and Cybersecurity trends and developments.
- Use AOC provided resources to work toward Security Profession Certificates, (Cisco CCNA, routing switching, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, CISSP)
- Knowledge of enterprise network security technologies: Cisco FTD and ASA firewalls, IPS, FMC, IPsec tunnels, AnyConnect client, Cisco ISE, Cisco Umbrella, Third Party SIEM, DNS, VLANS, NAT Cisco Secure Endpoint (AMP), Load Balancing IP/Domain/URL security intelligence sources (virus total, TALOS, etc.)
- Knowledge and or possession of Security Profession Certificates, (Cisco CCNA, routing switching, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, CISSP) is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of NCAOC security policy and Criminal Justice Information System (CJIN) policies is preferred but not required.
- Skills in: enterprise security technology; fundamental knowledge of the following, IPsec, IPS/IDS Snort Engine, SIEM, Identity Services Engine (ISE), Vulnerability Management, Access Control/AAA; networking fundamentals in the areas of enterprise network topology, routers, switches, servers, NAT, DNS; TCP/IP architecture and functionality, Wireshark and interface captures, and log searching to assist in troubleshooting configuration and network security related problems.
- Ability to: plan and manage complex projects independently and with a team; communicate effectively with users to determine and resolve problems; communicate technical information to lay persons; interpret and follow established employment and policies; produce highly technical documents; consider the implications of new technology implementations; balance the application and system access business needs of users with network security protections.
Greensboro Staffing Consultants is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
Stay informed, stay connected and explore the wide range of career opportunities with Greensboro Staffing Consultants. Discover how you can make a difference – sign up to join our Talent Community today!
Tell us more about yourself so we can match your unique talents and passions with potential roles that could be perfect for you.