Opportunities That Make a Difference
At Greensboro Staffing Consultants, we are committed to helping public sector institutions and government agencies deliver on its commitments to citizens. Through our bespoke workforce solutions, you will become a part of something much bigger: an effort that is making real differences in communities across the country. On top of competitive salaries and a benefits package that including dental, medical and 401K plans - we offer employees diverse workplaces where they can grow professionally while belonging authentically. Together let's create meaningful change!
Database Administrator- Expert
Job Code: 703676
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Close Date: February 9, 2023
Pay Range: $53 - $72 Hourly
Employment Type: C2C/1099/W2
Our organization is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our team in a role responsible for client application design, development and support. This position works to provide database administration support for the client's ERP system, Ellucian Banner and related applications.
This position is responsible for the overall administration and maintenance of the Ellucian Banner suite, the corresponding databases, and ancillary applications such as Degree Works, BDMS, Banner Workflow, etc.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Support Oracle, RDBMS, Ellucian Banner, Tomcat, Oracle Fusion Middleware, OracleGrid Control, and a variety of ancillary systems (ODS, WebFOCUS, Sciquest, Touchnet,etc), and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Establish system process scheduling procedures using appropriate mechanisms suchas Oracle scheduler, crontab and perform regular optimization and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain system maintenance procedures including database and servicesAutoStart, shutdown.
- Generate and maintain scripts to support DB creation, schemas, automate tasks and related activities.
- Participate in Banner Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Maintain Oracle system and user accounts, keep a clear audit trail of database accessand update records that meet industry security standards. Assist with the end-user’s database and application access issues. Apply patch fixes and test defect fixes with functional users.
- Maintain and support Oracle databases including database upgrades; Oracle security patching, database backup and recovery, and performance tuning.
- Stay abreast of Ellucian and Oracle technology, develop an enterprise architecture roadmap based on technology trends, Ellucian new releases or new business functional expansion.
- Provides a broad range of administrative and support services including Banner upgrade compatibility analysis, downloading release notes.
- Function as the technical expert in database design and system configuration to maintain a flexible and scalable Banner environment for most optimal performance and growth.
- Install, implement, and upgrade Banner ERP software system including Application Navigator, Banner applications and programs using the Ellucian Solution Manager
- Configure, deploy and support Banner ERP modules such as Banner 9 Admin and self-service pages, AppNavigator, Banner Access Management, Elucian Solution Manager, the Banner technical architecture and ancillary applications.
- Monitor and manage database backups, perform regular database restoring practices, developing scripts and sound troubleshoot mechanism to monitor logs, disk space, risk factors, establish performance metrics for optimal Banner and enterprise system performance; keep current, up-to-date database backups for recovery standards.
- Troubleshoots critical database and application service outages after-hours and weekends, providing escalation support as necessary. Perform root cause analysis, document, and present to team and management.
- Coordinate application installs, upgrades, maintenance across multiple internal and external cross functional teams.
- Manage Enterprise systems software migration following IT change management practices, response to migration requests and keep clear migration audit trail.
- Be responsible for mapping and documenting operational procedures, server inventory,and system dependencies.
- This position collaborates with technical, functional, development and business groups to ensure that database performance standards adhere to enterprise service level agreements.
- Collaborate with UNC System Office Hosting Services team to create clear database backup, and file system archiving and retention plans. Keep Banner applications upgrade status, version inventory and ready for response to external system auditing.
- Work with infrastructure and UNC System Office Hosting Services team to develop and test Banner server-based disaster recovery, backup and Business Continuity strategy
Greensboro Staffing Consultants is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
Stay informed, stay connected and explore the wide range of career opportunities with Greensboro Staffing Consultants. Discover how you can make a difference – sign up to join our Talent Community today!
Tell us more about yourself so we can match your unique talents and passions with potential roles that could be perfect for you.