The Population Health Analyst will work in partnership with stakeholders to ensure the NC HealthConnex delivers quality outbound services, including pandemic response efforts with the NC DHHS Division of Public Health and quality reporting with NC Medicaid. The Population Health Analyst will leverage their expertise to:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Engage key stakeholders including NC Medicaid and other DHHS agencies to align deliverables;
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of population health systems, dashboards, and data exchanges;
- Support the NC HIEA’s work to become NCQA DAV (Data Aggregator Validation) certified in partnership with NC Medicaid.
- Work with potential external partners on use-case reviews and drive successful delivery on approved use-cases that align with the NC HIEA’s mission,
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) in clinical data and electronic healthcare data such as ADTs and CCDS.
- Support Medicaid patient linking/patient matching projects.
- Understand and take initiative on emerging standards and requirements at both state and federal levels of Medicaid.
- Understand major health plan quality and performance measurements including HEDIS domains of care.
- Strong business analysis skills and research capabilities;
- Ability to lead business requirements development including data and process models, ability to translate business requirements into clear and concise language and system specifications; strong working knowledge of relational databases in a client server environment,
- Experience with the exchange of healthcare data to support care management and value-based models of care
- Knowledge of clinical coding systems such as CPT, LOINC, and ICD-10
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with cross functional teams and all levels of the organization including IT executives, business managers and other technical staff; strong experience with analytical tools and techniques,
- Experience with systems/software development lifecycle including planning, development, testing, and deployment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, specifically Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- At least 3 years of experience working with electronic health record data
- A strong understanding of population health monitoring; experience with Admission, Discharge and Transfer (ADT) monitoring
- Experience with statistical and analytical software in the development of advanced reporting and analytics for health care.
- Experience with web-based applications and database management systems;
- Experience with SAS development tools such as SAS Visual Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Knowledge of healthcare interoperability technical standards such as HL7, C-CDA and FHIR.
- Experience with data ETL techniques, data verification, quality data management, validation, and business analytics; Query and report development experience
- Experience presenting data and data concepts to diverse stakeholders
- At least 2 years of experience working with healthcare claims/encounters data; Medicaid-specific experience
Greensboro Staffing Consultants is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.